Vending machines, also known as vendos, are machines that are found throughout Oddworld. They can provide random junk, crafting items and SoulStorm Brew, but also health and various power ups. A vending machine dispensing grenades is first seen in Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee.
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee / Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty Edit
Boom machine Edit
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus Edit
SoulStorm Brew Edit
Using a stocked vending machine will result in Abe drinking a bottle of Brew, causing his farts to not only become highly explosive, but also able to be possessed and flown around the level. The fart can then be exploded near enemies or obstructions, or will explode by itself after some time. The vending machines found in Abe's Exoddus typically only dispense a few bottles and do not restock when empty, giving Abe limited attempts at using the farts correctly.
Getcha' Pants and Getcha' Wings Edit
Vending machines dispensing mechanical pants or wings to crawling Sligs can be found in Slig Barracks and Soulstorm Brewery. Crawling Sligs using these machines will turn into a normal walking Slig, or a flying Slig respectively.
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee Edit
Several types of vending machines are found in Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, most of which are only usable by a specific character. Unlike in Abe's Exoddus, the vending machines in Munch's Oddysee can be used infinitely.
Aqua Bounce Edit
Found only in Munch's Oddysee, this vendo can only be used by Munch and allows him to jump great heights directly out of the water.
The Aqua Bounce equivalent for Abe. This vendo allows Abe to jump much higher than usual, allowing him to reach hard to reach places.
Blitz Packer vendo Edit
Found only in Munch's Oddysee, this vending machine dispenses the Blitz Packer weapon to Big-Bro Sligs.
Developed by Vykkers Labs as a highly caffeinated beverage, Expresso gives Abe or Munch a temporary speed boost which can be used to avoid wildlife and gunfire from weapon wielding enemies.
Hack Saw vendo Edit
Found only in Munch's Oddysee, the Hack Saw vendo dispenses deadly hack saws to Vykkers who use them as weapons.
Health vendo Edit
Found only in Munch's Oddysee, this vending machine tops up the health of Abe or Munch. Possessed Sligs may also use it.
Snuzi vendo Edit
The invisibility vendo appears in Munch's Oddysee and does exactly what it says on the package. This vendo can turn Abe or Munch invisible for a short amount of time in order to sneak past enemies. It wears off Automatically if Abe starts chanting.
Found only in Munch's Oddysee, this vendo allows Munch to electrocute enemies using his sonar device.
Oddworld: Soulstorm Edit
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
- Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
- Oddworld: Soulstorm
- The name Expresso is based off espresso, a type of real world coffee, which can often be mispronounced expresso.
- In the original North American release of Munch's Oddysee the Health vendo is replaced by a SoBe vending machine, which is a real world beverage. During the run-up to Munch’s Oddysee’s release, SoBe aided promotion by giving away a number of Oddworld-decorated goods (including waterbeds and a jet ski). Oddworld Inhabitants returned the favor by replacing a number of Health Up vendos with SoBe dispensers. This was not a business deal, and no money was ever exchanged. In the PAL version of Munch's Oddysee a normal Health Up vendo is used instead. The SoBe vending machine is completely taken out of later versions of Munch's Oddysee, including Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD.
- A power-up vendo called Klimb was originally supposed to be in Munch's Oddysee, but was cut in the final version. Klimb would have been used as a climb power-up where Abe or Munch could climb up steep terrain. Although the Klimb power-up was removed in the final version of the game it can still be found in the game's files as well as the demo version of the game.
- ↑ Venturebeat.com - How Lorne Lanning re-imagined Abe’s Exoddus as Oddworld: Soulstorm
- ↑ OddworldLibrary.net - What's with the SoBe vending machines?