The Shrykull is a Mudokon transformation as well as a Mudokon demigod, appearing as a creature that has the physical features of both a Scrab and a Paramite. The Shrykull has the body of a Scrab, but limbs similar to a Paramite's forelegs protruding from its midsection. It also has a fringe of Paramite facial-digits around its head, forming a sort of crown. The Shrykull has the ability to electrocute the area around them with powerful bolts of electricity, killing any hostile forces and exploding any hostile ordnance that happens to be nearby. The ability to transform into the Shrykull can be granted to a Mudokon by a shaman, often after the Mudokon has passed a number of mental and physical trials. Abe is currently the only known Mudokon who has been given the power of the Shrykull.
Abe's Oddysee Edit
After completing the Scrabania and Paramonia trials, Abe has the ability to charge the power of the Shrykull by sending the appropriate number of Mudokons through a numbered bird portal. The charge can then be carried around until activated by chanting. In Abe's Oddysee, there are anti-chanting devices in some places which prevent a Mudokon's chant, this does not stop the Shrykull, however, as chanting will trigger the transformation and destroy such devices. Chanting without any sligs or machines nearby will still activate the Shrykull, but it will not waste the charge.
Abe's Exoddus Edit
Abe is presumably able to transform into the Shrykull throughout the whole game, but bird portals only appear after the player first enters Feeco Depot. The Shrykull's power acts identically to how it did in Abe's Oddysee.
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty Edit
In Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty it is still required to send a certain number of Mudokons through a bird portal in order to receive the charge. However, unlike in Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, this process can be repeated for multiple charges as long as enough Mudokons are available in the area. In addition, all Shrykull charges can be lost by passing through a motion detector.
- In Abe's Oddysee, Abe is given a Shrykull charge immediately after finishing the second 'nest' area. In New 'n' Tasty, he gets it after entering the temple inside the Monsaic Lines.
- In Abe's Oddysee, it is possible for the player to not see the Shrykull after the Monsaic Lines, as there is a way to kill every Mudokon in the game.
- The ending sequence for Abe's Oddysee, where Abe jumps down into the board room, requires only a single Shrykull charge to kill everyone. In New 'n' Tasty, Abe is required to use it twice.
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (First appearance)
- Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
- Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (Mentioned only)
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty