Moolah is the most widely used currency on Oddworld. It was invented by Glukkons with images of them on it. Even races who despise Glukkons still use their currency because of its high value.
Comparison to real-world currencyEdit
Moolah seems to be worth somewhat more than most real world currencies as it's seen in Munch's Oddysee that not even the richest Glukkons (with the exception of Lulu who robbed many of them with Abe and Latamire Munch) own as much as 3 million moolah. A rumor that is little known is that the richest Glukkon was Molluck, though whether he still has the money or not is unknown.
Collecting in Stranger's WrathEdit
In Stranger's Wrath, outlaws drop bags of Moolah when killed. If captured alive instead, the Bounty Store will pay out bonus Moolah when the mission is complete. The stronger the kind of outlaw, the more amount of Moolah that is dropped or received. Bosses give out a much higher Moolah payment then their lower class counterparts.
Although they cannot be killed, Clakkerz drop Moolah when attacked. If the Stranger attacks too many, they will flee into their houses and begin shooting at him through the windows. When this happens, he can either run out of town, or avoid their bullets until they try and come to a compromise.
- Moolah is the slang term for real-world money.
- In Stranger's Wrath, the Stranger must collect twenty thousand Moolah in order to get an operation which he supposedly "needs to survive".
- It is possible to save up 20,000 Moolah before Doc is killed, but this is not canon and doesn't affect the story at all.
- The total of all the Moolah in Mudos is unknown.
- In Munch's Oddysee, Humphrey plants a sonar beacon inside Munch's head in an attempt to bring back captured critters to save time and continue on his research with Irwin to "make more Moolah". Later in the game, Abe possesses various Glukkons to donate Moolah to the Lulu Fund.